Tuesday 6 March 2018

Inquisitor Theodora

Inquisitor Theodora and the Relics of Io.

Very pleased with this model. I changed my painting style going for a greatly reduced paint set (Vallejo liquid acrylics Black, White, Red, Yellow, Blue, Ochre and Burnt Umber, liquid silver and oil for effects, wet palette and two brushes). One of the main reasons I did this is that my old setup was bit large and I wanted to sit downstairs and paint while watching TV with my misses without bringing dozens of paints. I really enjoyed painting like this, mixing the paint on the palette as i painted was just so much fun and the wet palette made for a really nice work flow.

You will see a grey plastic version of this model further down this blog, I wasn't happy with some elements and after transferring some elements like the banner pole to the Champion of Tzeentch and replacing it with a shield I am much happier.







This mini was very kindly displayed on the excellent Death of a Rubricist blog at https://apologentsia.blogspot.co.uk, as part of the Alien Wars Invitational. Great concept and some excellent miniatures!

2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely model, beautifully painted. Are there any plans to create a retinue and background for her, or is she a one-off?

    ReplyDelete